PMI Toronto is excited to offer our bi-monthly Chapter Meetings at no cost to PMI Toronto Members in 2017-2018. Also, the November Chapter Meeting includes the chapter Annual Members Meeting – hear about chapter activities for the past fiscal year and vote on the year ahead.
The PMI Toronto Chapter Meetings provide plenty of time for networking, before and after the main presentation, so come with business cards and network with your peers!
Title: Business Writing that Works!
Presenter: Shirley Taylor
No matter what your job title, one thing is certain – every day you need to put your fingers on the keyboard and write something: an email, a proposal, a project outline, a report, etc. Most people in business offices today spend approximately 20-25 per cent of their time writing. Yet writing is a skill that few people seek to improve.
Do your emails create a Wow or a Woe?! Do they build relationships or do they break them? Do they encourage action or confusion?
Shirley Taylor, bestselling author of 12 books on communication and business writing, will make you think twice next time you put your fingers on the keyboard. She’ll share with you 4Ws and the 4Rs that will change the way you write, and the results you achieve.
Shirley will show you how to get better results from your writing by communicating with heart!
Don’t miss this fun (yes, writing can be fun) and interactive session with Shirley. Here’s some of what she will cover:
- Are you writing for yesterday or today?
- Common criticisms that annoy and confuse readers
- One key thing that most people are doing in emails that is just not working
- How the 4Ws and the 4Rs can help you in all your writing
- How to achieve better results by communicating with heart
- Three key steps you can take immediately to improve your writing
- Practical exercises to transform your writing and communicate with heart
When: Thursday, November 30, 2017 (6:00 pm – 8:30 pm)
Where: Nancy’s Auditorium, YWCA Toronto, 87 Elm Street, Toronto, Ontario
Click here for details and register now.